Coronavirus Blues, Hobbies, & Time/Commodity
Time is the Ultimate Commodity
This Coronavirus has been crazy for everyone, but the one thing I don’t understand is how can anyone be bored? I mean, is it not the dream to have the time to do what you want? Why are you not learning or creating something right now? Now, I know I can just say get on Google and look at things, but in a world full of over stimulated minds on useless information, I understand the need for quality information, so I’m here to share some ideas with you, just to get your mind going, and the only way I know how to do that is to share what I like to do, and what I think is interesting. So, here are a few ideas to help you grow, improve, and hopefully have a little fun while you have more than enough of the most prized commodity of human beings of our finite lives, TIME.
I wrote a journal entry (several) calling myself the girl with too many hobbies, and here is why.
1. I love to paint
2. Write short sci-fi shorts and creating a comic book
3. Never had time to go to the gym, there are a million videos on YouTube on how to work out at home.
4. What about Yoga, ever thought about learning that?
5. Or, do you miss your favorite restaurant, how about trying to learn to cook your favorite dish from there, or even better, learn to cook something you’ve never cooked before, like an Indian dish, or a cake you’ve always wanted to try, or learn to cook lamb and homemade mashed potatoes with a lovely cranberry sauce, there is a plethora amount recipes on Pinterest.
6. How about learning about the Stock Market or Real Estate- there are so many online classes it’s crazy! Don’t have any extra money, Udemy (website and an app) has so many free classes you can start on any subject for free!
7. Khan Academy is a free college online, and even though you won’t receive a degree, you can learn Physics, Programming, History, English, all of it for free!
8. Read Books- if you want to get years of information read books by professionals in their subject, you want to learn finance, read a Warren buffet book, you want to learn how to garden, read a book!
9. Think you are a slow reader, Jim Kwik had a brain injury and teaches those with learning disabilities or just anyone who wants to learn how to speed read, and he’s worked with the best of the best- He’s on YouTube, you can buy his books. And Once you know how to speed read you can learn any subject much faster!
10. Depressed, YouTube is full of self-help gurus, Tony Robbins, Tom Bilyue, Zig Ziglar, Joseph Murphy, Napoleon Hill, Mel Robbins, Les Brown, Eric Thomas, Wayne Dyer, Dr. Joe Dispenza- and so much more!
11. Are you a nerd and love the environment, why not figure out how to reduce the plastic use in your home? I once tried making rope from plastic bottles in order to make things like chairs, tables, art, and more. Like 3D printing, there are endless possibilities of what you can do with plastic rope, and what you can build with it.
12. Make a quilt out of all your old college T-shirts, or high school T-shirts, or whatever memoir you wish to create
13. I’m learning how to do a handstand (it’s very hard)
14. Learn how to play an instrument- Keyboard, guitar, etc, I know a lot of you have an instrument in your house collecting dust
15. Start an online E-commerce business (what does that mean? Look it up!)
I’ve tried to give you a well-rounded list of ideas in order to stimulate your mind. The wonderful thing about humans is we all like different things, and I can’t sit here and tell you what your purpose is in life, shoot, I’m trying to figure that out myself, but you will never know until you start searching. Your life is in your hands, find your way my Bees, and never forget you too can BeeTheChangeOverTime! If you enjoyed with article please share with other bored friends!